What is a simple supper without a simple dessert? And, this dessert is about as simple as they come.
Want to dazzle your friends and family with the moistest most delectable chocolate cake on record? During your next trip to your favorite grocery store, pick up a box of chocolate cake and a can of chocolate icing.
Here’s what you do:
- Prepare the chocolate cake mix batter as shown on the box.
- Mix in 2/3 of the container of chocolate icing.
- Pour the mixture into a bunt pan.
- Bake the cake following the directions shown on the box.
- Now for the icing: Try your best not to eat the 1/3 can of icing that is left while the cake is baking. My mom suggests going ahead and buying two cans of icing just in case your cannot control yourself, and when it comes to chocolate icing, I’m betting the majority of you will be missing your icing by the time the cake is baked.
- When the cake is finished, place the remaining icing in the microwave and nuke it until it’s melted. If you controlled yourself (Ha Ha) and you still have the 1/3 in the container, mom said you can microwave it as is and save on clean up.
- Drizzle the beautifully nuked and lovely chocolate sauce on top of the cake.
- Enjoy 🙂
This is by far my favorite chocolate cake of all time. What??? You don’t like chocolate???!!?!! Some would say this recipe is not for you. But, oh contraire, you don’t have to stop there! (Yeah, I rhymed. Ya dig it?)
You can and may combine all kinds of mixes and icings. What about:
Lemon with strawberry icing?
Strawberry cake with gorgeously succulent cream-cheese icing? I haven’t tried this but I’m dreaming about it now!
White cake with that colorful confetti white icing? I know they make confetti cake, but the addition of the icing would make it moist and delicious.
I’ve also tried this with Chocolate cake with German Chocolate Icing. It came out drier than I like, but make it and decide for yourself.
Cooking is art. And, this is your masterpiece. Create away!
What combos can you think of? Post your comments below.
Thank you, Mom, for your Simple Suppers contribution!
~Bohemian Christian Chelle