Okay, so I have quite a fondness for the show Extra Virgin on the Cooking Channel. Actress Debi Mazar and her Tuscan hubby Gabriele Corcos create the most delectable and easy Tuscan dishes I’ve found. This recipe is one of my faves. SO EASY, takes maybe 30 minutes, and one pot cleanup! Enjoy! 🙂
Sausages with Fagioli All’uccelletta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 turkey sausages
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, quartered (I don’t bother quartering them. That’s the fun of mushing things with my handy wooden spoon while they cook. It makes me feel productive and adds a nice rustic touch to the meal.)
- 3 dry red hot peppers (We didn’t have these, and the dish was still delicioso.)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (Feel free to sub Great Northern Beans here)
- 5 fresh bay leaves (We always have dried in our “spice-a-palooza” – more on that later :))
- 2 handfuls fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked and chopped (If you have it on hand.)
Optional: add chopped parsley for extra flair before serving.
Once you get the hang of cooking — and your likes and dislikes — this is the perfect dish to experiment with different sausages, more or less spicy peppers, and how many tomatoes do you need to make your heart sing?
Cooking is art. And, this is your masterpiece. Create away!
God bless and Happy Eating!
~Bohemian Christian Chelle