Today I gave away a dress. It’s a pretty dress but somewhat outdated. I feel fat in it. I don’t feel dead sexy in it. (Might as well feel dead sexy if I wear it!) So I gave it away. As giving away items usually does, it made me think.
Do ALL my clothes make me feel dead sexy?
No. And, that got me thinking about downsizing my closet some more and how much I truly need. LOVE IT!
Then I discovered that today is Day 333! How appropriate!!! It’s the best day to share a wonderful project with you that I’ve been following for years and am fascinated by — Project 333.
Here is the website, but before you click through, hear me out for a sec.
Here are the basics, straight from the website. Consider this a direct quote, I do not own it, and never claimed to.
- When: Every three months (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)
- What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
- What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or another sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)
- How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of sight.
- What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them.
Okay, we will now return to my own brain activities and content. So, the lowdown – 33 items, 3 months, a better life. I totally can do this! According to her website, a new round begins on October 1st. What do y’all think? Could you do it? Let’s do it together! Everything is better with friends! Let me know if you are up for the project by commenting on the post.
Day 333 brings on Project 333. What have I gotten myself into now? LOL To learn where my minimalist journey began, click here.